Wednesday, December 11, 2013

This Meet Thing

E is rocking this meet thing. He is strong and confident and in. his. element.

At one point near the end, one of the other mothers told me my E had the top all-around score so far for level 5 of our gym! He ended up with two third place medals. He looked totally stunned. :)

It's all him. He lives for gymnastics. When I was a kid, I was in all sorts of different activities. The ones I loved most, dance and gymnastics, I wasn't that good at. I am grateful beyond words that E has found not only what he loves, but where he excels.

e is still looking for her thing. She enjoys gymnastics, but not like her brother. She liked martial arts, horseback riding, swimming, and ice skating. She rocked piano, but needs a group activity. We've talked her into trying out for a children's chorus in January, and in preparing for the audition, we have realized just how strong her ear is. She loves to sing. Maybe, just maybe, this will be her thing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment