Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I am thankful for my family. As I sit with G on the kitchen floor while C reads to the kiddos tonight, I'm thinking about the times life almost took a different path.

 

Like when my midwife couldn't find e's heartbeat at 40 weeks. When I couldn't feel her move. When I saw the complete knot in e's umbilical cord, but held a healthy baby in my arms. Like when the neurologist told E he wouldn't be here to do silly tests if he hadn't been wearing his bike helmet. Like when E reacted severely to DTaP.

 

And before that, all the little (and big) things that could have gone differently but instead came together perfectly for C and I to meet and marry. That was no small task.

 

Then there's G, and her 6 or 7 near-death experiences in the past few months.

 

There is a plan and a purpose for everyone, and for that I am grateful. But I am even more thankful that the plan includes holding my family close for another Thanksgiving.

 

Blessings.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment