Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

It seems like forever since I've had a moment to blog! I've been planning, planning, planning...and both children are eagerly gobbling every lesson! It makes the effort worth it. If I had done this much prep in the past, when I would have met nothing but resistance, I don't think I would still be homeschooling. But now, now it is incredibly rewarding. Everything in its season.

 

I have so much more to share; March has been a delightful month! Botony and The King of Ireland's Son. Alas all I have time for now is a quick note and a few pictures of our day. Our St. Patrick's Day actually began days ago, with a parade. The first one in e's memory. She and I enjoyed the bagpipes, drums, dancers, little race cars, clowns...while the Oregonian in me wondered where the horses were!

G loves a good story.

e re-made an old rainbow watercolor into a leprechaun scene, and then drew the scene below of St. Patrick planting the shamrocks and God saying, "Awesome!"

Yes, that's our new chalkboard wall! That's the other thing we have been doing! Removing wallpaper. What craziness that has been.

Today E, e, and I also worked together to ready our garden for planting and to fold a shamrock window star. We ate green and gold foods and the kids debated what was really meant in the legend about St. Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland. And you know there was Irish music!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment